Since launching the Women & Automotive: Canadian Leadership Forum in 2016, Cherokee Media Group has honored and recognized a group of Canada’s leading women in automotive each year through our Women & Automotive: Profiles in Leadership program.
Not only have these groups been recognized in the January/February editions of the Auto Remarketing Canada magazine, but they have also been honored at awards luncheons onsite at the Women & Automotive events.
Early bird registration for Women & Automotive is open! Register before Feb. 21 to save.
And many honorees have been included in the event’s star-studded speaker lineups themselves — folks like Cox Automotive Canada president Maria Soklis, TradeRev and KAR Auction Services’ Becca Polak, and many more.
Each year, these profiles and the event itself gives Auto Remarketing Canada the chance to share leadership lessons and thoughtful insight on the auto industry. And this year is no different.
Without further ado, here are the 2019 Women & Automotive: Profiles in Leadership honorees.
- Andria Zanchin, Principal and Executive Vice President, Zanchin Automotive Group
- Ashley Middleton, Account Director, Sales, Dealer Groups, TRADER Corporation and autoTRADER.ca
- Deborah Butt, Consultant – Service Process Development, Toyota Canada
- Joanne Peddle, Leader, Product, SCI MarketView
- Jennifer Hurdman, Dealer Services Consultant, Industrial Alliance Dealer Services SAL Group
- Laura Zanchin, Principal and Executive Vice President, Zanchin Automotive Group
- Lynn Martin, Regional Human Resources Manager, ADESA
- Michele Wedemire, National Operational Excellence Manager, Manheim Canada
- Sandra Kim, Director of Human Resources, TradeRev
- Sarah Budd, General Manager, Budds’ Mazda
- Stephanie Turner, Senior Manager, Business Development & Strategy, Cox Automotive Canada
And many of this year’s Profile in Leadership honorees can be found on the Women & Automotive 2019 agenda, as well.
In fact, autoTRADER.com’s Ashley Middleton will be moderating the panel discussion, “Dismantling the Lie of Perfection — How Mistakes Lead to Success,” a discussion on why seeking perfection in the workplace leads to seeking approval. Participating as panelists are the following honorees: Michele Wedemire, Manheim Canada; Deborah Butt, Toyota Canada; Jennifer Hurdman, SAL Group; and Joanne Peddle, SCI MarketView.
TradeRev’s Sandra Kim and Zanchin Automotive’s Laura Zanchin will be panelists as part of a Women & Automotive panel, “The View from C-Level: Advancing Women Leadership in Auto.” This conversation will take a look at how we get more women in c-level positions across the auto industry and beyond, as well as how we can get today’s company and corporate leaders to care.
The group of women will also share their stories and perspectives in the January/February print and digital editions of the Auto Remarketing Canada magazine and at the upcoming Women & Automotive Canadian Leadership Forum, which is once again scheduled to follow the Auto Remarketing Canada conference on March 21 at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto.
The Profiles in Leadership program drills down into what it takes to be a leader in today’s automotive industry, as well as what makes it unique and challenging to be a woman in auto — and how to tackle the steps and hurdles to automotive career success.
In these features, we approach questions like how to describe leadership style, what leaders have inspired these professionals throughout their career, what paradigm shifts they’ve encountered since entering the auto industry and more.
Get the latest news on #AutoWomenLead by following us on Twitter @AutoWomenLead.